Cleaning years of dirt off of structures can be downright satisfying. After all, who doesn’t love seeing surfaces cleaned to their former glory in a way that looks impossible? Thanks to the power of pressure washers, we’ve compiled some of our favorite cleaning jobs for your viewing pleasure:
1. There’s something magical about seeing weathered bricks turn from grey back to red. This time lapse shows that the only thing you need to restore your brick surfaces is time and a pressure washer. Hot water power washers work best for removing aged dirt from very hard surfaces.
2. The years since his passing haven’t been easy on Duncan McDougal. Lucky for him, his resting place is getting a much deserved facelift. Old monuments and gravestones need a delicate balance of power without being overbearing and possibly damaging the stone. If you want to restore an old surface like this, test on a small area to make sure the power from the pressure washer is enough to take off the dirt, but not enough to do any damage.
3. Driveway restoration? Finally, a chore the kids won’t mind doing. Using a pressure soaker, you can clean your driveway or sidewalk just like you’re mowing the lawn. One good slow pass is often enough to show drastic results. This is only for use on flat surfaces though, so it’s not ideal for stone walk ways.
4. Want to get the most out of your Craigslist purchase? Start by hosing it down. If you see something with years of grime that might even be hard to take off with a fingernail, try blasting it with a power washer. The results can be amazing, and often completely restore a surface with deeply soaked stains and wear.
5. I don’t know how brick gets green slime on it, but I’m glad there’s a way to get it out. Bricks are very susceptible to weathering and discoloration due to their porous properties. Luckily, their porousness also makes them perfect for power washing restoration. A heavy duty setting can return dirty bricks back to their original bright red in no time.
6. Some sidewalks were so muddy, it’s hard to believe what’s underneath. For the toughest dirt removal processes, use a hot water pressure washer with a wide nozzle at a high pressure. Be thorough and go at a steady pace without stopping too long at any point. Once the first first pass is done, go back and clean any spots you may have missed on a slightly lower pressure setting.
7. Dark wood can look beautiful. In this case though, we’re glad this deck is going back to it’s original color. Wood, when washed properly, can make a very dramatic difference, effectively rejuvenating what looked like rotting wood. Before you spring for a new deck, make sure to try washing it down with a power washer first. The results can surprise you.
8. Please do this to every concrete surface everywhere. If you want your floor to shine like it’s brand new, there’s no substitute for a good epoxied surface cleaning.
9. The only thing more satisfying than getting a truck dirty is getting it cleaned. Use a lighter pressure setting and the results will be fantastic, giving that car wash pre soak without the price. For best results, power wash your vehicle first, then wash and dry it like regular to give your rugged truck the shine it deserves.
10. When removing sludge from a box truck looks like scratching off a lottery ticket. Often, the the thickest looking mud and dirt is the easiest to remove. When dirt lumps up on a surface, it will usually break up easiest when blasted with water.
11. Hard to believe these steps weren’t all the same shade of brown before the pressure washer got to them. Slick stone surfaces are very susceptible to dirt, but a good, thorough cleaning will have them restored and beautiful in no time. Like brick, it’s best to use a higher power for the best, deepest clean.
12. Years of sludge wreak havoc on boats. Now the very liquid that painted this boat black is restoring it to its original blue. Marine structures are built for handling water, but for pressure washing, too high of a setting can sometimes chip paint. Start lighter and gradually increase your intensity until you find a happy medium.
13. Maybe if they included pressure washing in the next Call of Duty, we’d finally be compelled to pick it up. Pressure washing isn’t just work, it can be fun too. Sometimes, seeing the results before your eyes is enough to satisfy a desire to clean. If that’s not enough, try taking a video of your deep clean and posting it to Reddit’s power washing subreddit to find other people who enjoy seeing dirt removed more than anyone else.